Status
Not open for further replies.

dan117

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
-at least 288 MB ram
-at least 480 x 320 (wildfire GTFO)
-good graphics chip
-moddable with some custom rom (maybe cyanogenmod) because the phone maker doesn't want to, or is too lazy to realease updates (I have it to receive 2.2 officially, or even 2.1)
-ARMv7 CPU for flash suport (abobe thinks it run slow on a v6 at lower frequency, but I don't care, I want to watch videos or if I really need a flash-only site I want the option to enable)

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Smochina[/nom]Iphone's are way better...[/citation]
What makes them "way better"? Higher price? Worse (yeah, I've heard about "retina display" BS) screen? Need to JB it? Insane restrictions?

gregor

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004
[citation][nom]Smochina[/nom]Iphone's are way more expensive, and if you really want it, you can run Android on them.[/citation]
Fixed.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
the more i do research on a product, the longer it takes me to decide, knowing something better/cheaper is coming along in a
few weeks time.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
Read the reports on the terrible battery life and how 2/3 of the top apps harvest private data, and the decision is easy...

...don't support this POS platform!

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
If you're on Verizon then DroidX FTW! Largest screen currently available, 4.3" (WVGA 480 x 854), 1GHz TI OMAP processor, 512MB RAM, 8GB internal storage, microSD external storage up to 32GB (comes with 16GB), 8 megapixel cameria with dual-LED flash, can record video in HD 720p resolution. Has three microphones. Accelerometers, internal compass, etc., etc., etc.

For my own personal perspective: this is quite simply the best phone I have ever owned!

CPfreak

Distinguished
May 31, 2010
[citation][nom]Smochina[/nom]Iphone's are way better, and if you really want it, you can run Android on them.[/citation]
To prove the limited intelligence of the average Iphone user:
It's iphones not iphone's.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Where is the SONY Xperia X10? It's actually been around for a good while and at&t is only recently rolling it out. By chance, my account was up for "free" phone or reduced price.

$150 = Sony Xpheria
$200 = Samsung Captive
$130 = HTX Aria (I guess like the comic)

I've played with all 3 in the AT&T store. I like the smaller size of Aria - but going with the others which are the same size as an iPhone looks like the best deal.

The SONY looks better, nice curvy body with semi-rubber grip and it does have a flash. But the Samsung Captive is selling me on: Super AMOLED screen, thinner body (as thin as iPhone3) and a slide-cover for the USB/power connector. Yes, its a selling point as I hate fighting rubber covers such as that on the X10. The Samsung doesn't have a flash, is perhaps the worse thing.

Out of the box, the Samsung has Android 2.1, while SONY maybe 1.6 or newer.

My current phone is a SONY and my last several phones have been SONY - as I like the GUI... but I'm the desire for a Smart Phone is getting to me and well, I'm not really brand-loyal. Sony has done what I needed and I do like the look of the SONY a bit more. But the USB cover and AMOLED makes me go Samsung.

Status
Not open for further replies.