how to delete an android secure file from my sd card on my phone

Bilskeetto

Estimable
Nov 21, 2015
To Whom It May Concern; 6-29-16
I have a file named, ".android_secure" which I CAN NOT DELETE off my SD-Card. It also reads 0.0mb so I know its empty so I 'm thinking it's an EMPTY folder or file but it won't come off my
SD-Card. Any suggestions PLEASE? I also purchased an app called "Secure Delete" for $1.55 and it states that it will delete any file type but when I use it I CAN NOT find ".android_secure" in order to delete it with this purchased app? It's like it disappears, and the ONLY time I see this Android Secure file is when I read My SD-Card normally in my cellphone...PLEASE Help...THANK YOU...
Sincerely, William M... aka: [don't post your email address on a public forum]

Solution
I've got one as well and so does every Android device, I suspect. It's a system folder and it is probably used to store something you don't yet have. Mine is empty too but it's time and date stamped at the time I switched on this morning so it must have a purpose.. It isn't a threat to your system and it isn't taking up any space so why not just leave it there?

Fortunately, your delete app had the sense to leave it in place so the most damage you did was to waste money on it.
I've got one as well and so does every Android device, I suspect. It's a system folder and it is probably used to store something you don't yet have. Mine is empty too but it's time and date stamped at the time I switched on this morning so it must have a purpose.. It isn't a threat to your system and it isn't taking up any space so why not just leave it there?

Fortunately, your delete app had the sense to leave it in place so the most damage you did was to waste money on it.

Solution

Bilskeetto

Estimable
Nov 21, 2015
Dear Senior Moderator, After researching the situation I've learned and agree with your assessment. This ".Android_Secure" is NOT a file but a folder which is kept inside my NEW LG Stylo-2 Cellphone just in case I ever needed to save any files securely I am sure this is where they will be stored, so THANKING for taking the time to response to my asking for help question... Also the "Secure Delete-Pro" was a measly $1,55 and is never a waste of money for I've already deleted many files & photos permanently off my Cellphone which were always returned after I deleted them the regular, NOW I never see them repeat again ever. And for those that would like to know the FREE "Secure Delete" ONLY deletes photos where as the "Secure Delete-Pro" deletes many more different types of files stored inside your cell or computer, very good deal for just $1.55. Anyway to all THANKS for your HELP, this is why I come to Tom's Guide because I can always get the help I am looking for...See Ya, Sincerely, BiLL aka: Bilskeetto@aol.com