How to Disable and Clear Skype Chat History from Local Machine, and Keep from Syncing.

My Life Is Tech

Estimable
Apr 23, 2014
So here's my question, I have never used Skype before, and I still haven't tried it, but I've been reading up on it. If I disable the chat history on Skype, but the other person has the chat history enabled, will the chat history still be synced to my other devices with Skype? How do you disable the syncing of the chat history? Please reply soon, thank you.

Solution
Settings are synced to your account. If you choose not to keep the chat history, you won't see it on any device. If they other person has it enabled though, it will be kept on record for them. Nothing you can do to prevent them from doing so except asking them to erase it.

You can disable chat history in the options for IM & SMS. You'll need to hit the "Advanced Options" button to see the option to change that setting.
Settings are synced to your account. If you choose not to keep the chat history, you won't see it on any device. If they other person has it enabled though, it will be kept on record for them. Nothing you can do to prevent them from doing so except asking them to erase it.

You can disable chat history in the options for IM & SMS. You'll need to hit the "Advanced Options" button to see the option to change that setting.

Solution