How to disable headphone jack so i can use my built in speakers( 3,5mm got broke inside of it), ASUS K53SD.

Nikola_4

Estimable
Oct 1, 2015
My 3,5mm got broke inside of headphone jack on rightside of my laptop, i can't take it out and my realtek does not have option to turn it off like that, is there way to manually disable that jack so i can atleast use my built in speakers? Asus K53SD, windows 7

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these steps:
- Right click on the speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner and select Playback Devices.
- Once it's open right click on Speaker and select Set as Default.
- Try playing sound again but make sure you close the application and replay the file to try and test if the sound comes out from the built in speaker.
Hi,

Please do try these steps:
- Right click on the speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner and select Playback Devices.
- Once it's open right click on Speaker and select Set as Default.
- Try playing sound again but make sure you close the application and replay the file to try and test if the sound comes out from the built in speaker.

Solution

Casey-fixes-21

Estimable
Jan 21, 2016
I would look to replace the headphone jack as a more permanent solution to your problem, or you may be able to salvage the existing jack by encouraging the snapped off broken part out with tweezers or similar. Depends how long you envisage keeping the computer and it's perceived value to you. I always try to repair tech if I can.