How to do a factory re-set on a toshiba windows 8 laptop.

KC522

Estimable
Mar 8, 2015
I have a Toshiba laptop & I don't have any kind of a recovery disc & I forgot my password. I've been the only one using this laptop. I purchased an HP so since I have not been using the Toshiba, I have forgotten the password to it. Anyway, My son wants to use my Toshiba & he can't seem to figure out how to do a factory re-set. I'm on a very limited income so therefore I'm not able to afford to buy a recovery disc or to pay someone to fix this particular problem. I'm out of country visiting family & this laptop is back home, so I don't have any other info. about this laptop. I would sincerely appreciate any help.

Solution
Welcome to Toms' Guide Forums,
I'm going to suggest contacting Toshiba for that information, forum rules prohibit discussion of resetting passwords or other security measures since we have no way to determine ownership of a device.
Welcome to Toms' Guide Forums,
I'm going to suggest contacting Toshiba for that information, forum rules prohibit discussion of resetting passwords or other security measures since we have no way to determine ownership of a device.

Solution

ciscomd025

Estimable
May 7, 2015

NOsT_PROVIDED_189

Estimable
Oct 19, 2015

Maitland_1

Estimable
Dec 16, 2015