How to fix a dead laptop?

3DMaxPro

Estimable
Mar 14, 2015
Hello, whenever I turn on my laptop the fans will spin up and it will show that it's on however the screen will not turn on and the indicators do not show that my touchpad, wifi or anything else is on.

I took out the RAM and Hard drive a while back but I think I put everything back in properly.

Thanks for your help!

Solution
Hello,

First, check if the RAM is seated properly (fully inserted in the slot). Check also if, without RAM, the indicators or speakers are signalling (certain illumination sequence or beeps).

If not, take out the main battery and try to power on with the mains adapter only. If still nothing, by using a multimeter, verify if the power adapter has the proper output voltage.

You can also change the CMOS battery (some laptops will need to be dismantled for reaching the CMOS battery) or re-seat the CPU in its socket.

Cristi72

Estimable
Jun 25, 2014
Hello,

First, check if the RAM is seated properly (fully inserted in the slot). Check also if, without RAM, the indicators or speakers are signalling (certain illumination sequence or beeps).

If not, take out the main battery and try to power on with the mains adapter only. If still nothing, by using a multimeter, verify if the power adapter has the proper output voltage.

You can also change the CMOS battery (some laptops will need to be dismantled for reaching the CMOS battery) or re-seat the CPU in its socket.

Solution