How to Fix a Frozen Samsung Galaxy Tablet

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

You give no details of which Samsung tablet you have but, I had a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, 1 month old, which totally locked me out. Tried every which way, e-mails and phone calls to Samsung support were helpful but no solution, eventually was given replacement.

Sharon_37

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016

This may not apply to everyone with this problem, but after countless frustrating attempts, I accidentally found that the reason it keeps turning on is that I have it plugged into an outlet. Try taking it off the cord then turn it off, and it stays off. As soon as I plug it in to recharge, it refuses to turn off. My tablet probably has some electrical wiring issue. Don't know about everyone else.

George Snow

Commendable
Sep 16, 2016

My case exactly (100%) with the Samsung Note pro SM-P900 (12,2 " - 32 GB) ! After two years of VERY MILD use, suddenly it turned totally dead, black screen, not charging, not resetting anyway I tried.. So I took it to Galaxy official service and after 3 days they informed me that the M/B is "burnt" due to overheating of the main circuit !!! So it's BLR , finished, money thrown to the gutter... I'm never buying ANY samsung product again.

grefs101

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016

grefs101

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016
I wish that was the answer for a frozen Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime phone. It was a great phone until it froze up on me after having it for barely 5 months. I have tried that and it has no effect on it. Also was told to hold down power & home buttons & then the power button until the Android appeared & said that the phone was being rebooted. But, unfortunately, neither of these have been successful. & I still keep trying though. Anyone of anything else that might work? It would be very helpful & I would be grateful & a half if anyone has the answer.
Thanks for your time and effort if you know of anything else that I can try. Sorry I d on't have an idea for your tablet. I was going to get one for myself, but now I have changed my mind. Thanks again everyone!!

balabanovj

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016

Mine freezes as well, and when it does, I simply close the cover, which closes a magnetically activated Reed switch on the front, lower right of the unit. This seems to work 100% of the time.

Andre_70

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017

Sandra_62

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
My Galaxy Tab A had frozen on the home screen this morning. Would not power off. After fiddling with holding down the off button and volume up/down, it shut off. Then it would not turn on!
I tried the on/off/volume thing again. Nothing!
Finally, I tried it again while plugged in (it had 85% charge remaining when it died). Did the on/off etc thing but also held one finger on the screen while doing all this. It was a suggestion from another help site. Tata! It worked.
Still concerned now why it froze in the first place as it appeared to have been running slow the last 2 days. Ideas?

cupcake_1

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017

Tab2dude

Prominent
Jun 11, 2017

Power and vol DOWN is the only solution that worked. Thanks!

ryanterres

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
Issue:
Samsung Galaxy Tab E, Froze 3 hours ago while opening Pandora. Would not respond to any buttons.
Tried:
Press and hold Power for 10 seconds.
Press and hold Power+Home for 10 seconds.
Press and hold Power+Home+Volume up for 10 seconds.
Press and hold Power+Home+Volume down for 10 seconds.
Press and hold Power+Volume up for 10 seconds.

Resolution:
Press and hold Power+Volume down for 10 seconds.
Tablet is now turned off and showing a charging screen.

allatis3

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to thank you guys! My Samsung Tab2 had frozen, pressed down on/off and sound buttons -as suggested in this thread- and it came back to life! This community does a great job!

colindj

Prominent
Nov 6, 2017

colindj

Prominent
Nov 6, 2017
I have a Samsung S3 tablet that was frozen (and displayed a message saying that the process was not responding). I tried holding the power button for 10 seconds, then 1 minute, then power + volume +. Nothing worked but your suggestion of power + / volume - was the solution!

androidrobo

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017
You can try to restart the device using the following method. If there is still a problem, there are other ways to solve it. Please turn off the tablet and re-run it: Click the power button and the volume-down button at the same time for more than 7 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.