My Samsung galaxy tablet 2.7.0 is frozen on my lock screen. It says it's at 64% and the time is 10:17 currently. The turn off button for ten seconds and pressing the volume did not work either. This does NOT have a home button like an. IPad or newer Samsungs because mine is four years old. Like I said it's frozen on the lock screen with the power off choices do nothing is working. Please help me.
Well you can try what you were trying, which I will include the instructions for below, which is doing a "Hard Reset". However you might want to hold off on that as it will wipe everything on the tablet. So best used as a last resort.
If you can't get it to turn off, then if the battery is the easy access kind I would just pull it. If it isn't (which so many tablets don't have easy access batteries), then you will have to wait for it to run out of power.
Once it has run out, plug it in to charge but do not try turning it on. Wait until it is fully charged and then I am also including the instructions on how to start it up in "Safe Mode", this way you can make sure it isn't something bad on the tablet that is causing your problems.
To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.
1. First turn off the tablet.
2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.
3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.
4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.
NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your tablet, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.
Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.
To "Hard Reset" the tablet...
1. Make sure that the tablet is actually powered off.
2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.
3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.
4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".
5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.
6. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.
7. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.
8. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the tablet.
9. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.