How to fix beeping on start up on dell 14r

Laura_100

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017
When I stared my laptop this morning I couldn't get on only got a loud beeping sound. I tried taking battery out and using adapter and still kept getting the beeping

Solution

According to that list, your ram is the problem. pretty easy fix actually, at least it isn't your mainboard.

If you're comfortable doing it, open the back of your laptop, located the ram modules, and reseat them (ie. pull them out and put them back in). If you need tutorials, just google something to the effect of "dell laptop ram replacement"

kaptainkuftic

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
your laptop is trying to tell you what is wrong with it, use this to try and 'decode' the beeps: https://www.parts-people.com/blog/2014/07/30/dell-inspiron-14r-n4010-beep-codes-diagnostic-indicators/

Laura_100

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017

2 beeps together than a pause and continues until I shut computer off

kaptainkuftic

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016

According to that list, your ram is the problem. pretty easy fix actually, at least it isn't your mainboard.

If you're comfortable doing it, open the back of your laptop, located the ram modules, and reseat them (ie. pull them out and put them back in). If you need tutorials, just google something to the effect of "dell laptop ram replacement"

Solution

Tolis_GR

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017
According to Dell it's ram memory not being detected. Did your dropped or bumped the laptop? This could do it. What is your environment? Warm-cool-humidity? Do you get any signal to your monitor or just a black screen?

Laura_100

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017