How to fix green vertical lines on acre laptop

angelam0taless

Prominent
Aug 26, 2017
My nephews just so happened to step on my laptop while it was closed, I turned it on the next day and green- black vertical lines appeared, is there any way I can fix it?

Solution
That definitely sounds like screen failure. If you're lucky the frame itself is still intact, which means you can buy a replacement screen. The best way to determine this is to find the exact model name of your Acer and do a YouTube search for 'replacing screen/display on XX' - xx being the name of your machine.

What you want to check is how to remove the bezel. That way you can see if there's any distortion in the frame holding the screen. If it seems OK, you can order a replacement screen (Amazon or eBay or laptopscreens.com). If there's any distortion at all - even the slightest one - it's going to take the assistance of a very tech-savvy person to help you out.
That definitely sounds like screen failure. If you're lucky the frame itself is still intact, which means you can buy a replacement screen. The best way to determine this is to find the exact model name of your Acer and do a YouTube search for 'replacing screen/display on XX' - xx being the name of your machine.

What you want to check is how to remove the bezel. That way you can see if there's any distortion in the frame holding the screen. If it seems OK, you can order a replacement screen (Amazon or eBay or laptopscreens.com). If there's any distortion at all - even the slightest one - it's going to take the assistance of a very tech-savvy person to help you out.

Solution