How To How to fix laptop if it is stuck on Welcome screen without formatting?

Oct 14, 2020
Fix laptop when welcome screen is stuck WITHOUT FORMATTING PC

First and foremost, I am not a technician or an expert so I cannot guarantee if my solution would be applicable to all kinds of laptop. My laptop is an Acer product ( i do not know the model name. Sorry).

Without further a do, let's move on to the steps.

1. Turn off the laptop.
  1. Turn it on again.
  2. When you see the rotating loading circle, long press the power button until the laptop turns off.
  3. Repeat this steps for about 3-4 times until you see a screen with a screen that lets you choose if you want to "Restart PC" or click "Advanced Options" (not sure though if it is the same to other pcs).
  4. Click "Advanced Options".
  5. Select "Troubleshoot"
  6. Then choose "System Recovery".
  7. If the next screen shows that it wants your password but you did not enter a password before, just double click the enter button.
  8. A pop-up screen would appear and will ask you which date that was auto resave would you choose the system to recover. Choose the most recent date.
  9. After choosing, the pc will prepare for system restoring. Be patient and wait.

In this whole process, YOUR FILES, PICTURES, VIDEOS WILL NOT BE DELETED. Only those apps that yiu have installed before the selected restoring date would be deleted.

Compared to other solutions for such problem (such as refreshing pc or restoring it to its factory default), I think this one is much helpful beacuse it does not need you to reformat your pc or use a window installer. You just need patience.
Hope this one could help☺

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Laptop Tech Support 1
TheKiwi01 Laptop Tech Support 3
chippy-mx Laptop Tech Support 2
justin0106 Laptop Tech Support 7
SnackinMcCracken Laptop Tech Support 1
mfenton27 Laptop Tech Support 4
A Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1