How to fix my laptop is Screen is flashing on and off

Xenon212

Estimable
Dec 16, 2015
My laptop Acer Aspire 4349 screen is flashing on and off.It went from bright to dark on and on can anyone tell me how to fix it?? I dont think the problem was software but indeed a hardware problem because it happens some time only

Solution
Carefully open it up and disconnect the cable at both ends. Check it for damage, bends, cuts, places it was pinched, etc. If OK, reconnect it and see if that resolves the issue. Should it still be a problem, then I would suggest replacing the display. However, if you don't feel comfortable doing that yourself, you can try a local tech.
Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Xenon212

Estimable
Dec 16, 2015

Firstly thank you for your suggestion.I have tested it and It work very well on an external monitor but not on this screen.The problem may be the ribbon cable or attached display

Xenon212

Estimable
Dec 16, 2015

The warranty already expired.So what can I do to troubleshoot it

Carefully open it up and disconnect the cable at both ends. Check it for damage, bends, cuts, places it was pinched, etc. If OK, reconnect it and see if that resolves the issue. Should it still be a problem, then I would suggest replacing the display. However, if you don't feel comfortable doing that yourself, you can try a local tech.

Solution