How to Force the Update to Windows Phone Mango

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigafan

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
Lol "rocking" Windows Phone 7, weird expression. Maybe I should put a definition in Urban Dictionary as "hitting someone's iPhone with your Windows Phone 7 device (similar to egg battle on Easter)" :D

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
I don't have a Win7Phone device, but I think it's great that Tom's posts this type of advice/how-to articles. There should be more of that and less of Apple/console/tablet news. Well done and good luck to W7P users with this...

Specter0420

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
From the comments at WPcentral I shouldn't have any trouble getting this done on my T-mobile HD7. I will try when I get off work and post back. I love this phone "as is" and am pretty excited about it getting even better! I told all my friends with WP7 but haven't heard back from them yet.

G

It is working for me and my HD7. I think it might be a little unclear in the article. Basically, you disconnect your internet when as soon as you click "update" in the settings section, so your internet disconnects while it says it is checking for updates. Keep the internet disconnected. Eventually, it will just say their is an update available despite the fact you aren't connected to the internet. Then re-connect, and hit the update button.

G

What kind of insanity is that? I'm mean, I'm going to do it if I have to, but how does a programmer write a haywire slice of code that lets that happen?

amigafan

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
[citation][nom]Ranzabar[/nom]but how does a programmer write a haywire slice of code that lets that happen?[/citation]
perhaps it checks for update and writes locally what is latest known version but also reads on server that updating to this version is *currently* barred. If you try again and disconnect just as the update check process gets launched it will get no response from the server and will read locally last known version from previous check and will start update process.

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
Didn't have to, mine updated normally yesterday. Using the HTC Trophy on Verizon. Hear it's mostly AT&T phones that aren't updating yet. Anyway I'm really liking Mango, they really have made a ton of changes to it. I'm also surprised that the phone is...faster after updating!

70camaross396

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
it work on my Samsung Focus v1.3. i had to force the 3792 update, and repeat the process for the 7403 update, but after 7403, it automaticly updated to 7720 (Mango). It took about 45 minutes to force all the updates. it would have been faster if i had wiped all my data off it first. but in all, 45 minutes wasnt that bad. I have also been told that reverting back to the orignal 7004 os version and resetting the phone back to factory and then running the update again will also trigger it to download the mango updates. I have yet to confirm it as i dont have another phone to try it on.

G

Works!!!
Don't forget to turn on the Internet connection before clicking "Update Now"

Status
Not open for further replies.