How to get Android phone out of safe mode? I have a Sony Xperia

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gordon_81

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
I have a Sony Xperia M. For some reason it got put into safe mode. I've tried switching it off and on again and holding in the volume up key like it suggests on the internet. I've tried removing the battery and the SIM card and restarting the phone. Still can't get it out of safe mode. For some reason the volume down button doesn't seem to work when the phone is actually on and in safe mode. Not sure if this has to do with anything. Surely there must be another way of getting the phone out of safe mode?

Solution

Yep that worked but I pushed up on volume instead of down

JGraham81

Estimable
Feb 14, 2015

I just had the same thing on my Z3.
Turn the phone off, then hold POWER and VOLUME UP until the unlock screen appears.
It worked for me, hope it works for you :)

dpetrusson

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015

Yes this also worked for me on my lg phone.

busymom90s

Estimable
Mar 9, 2015

I have a LG optimas L70 and it got imto safe mode so I tried this several times after pleding with God we were leaving to go buy a new phone and 1 last try it worked. this time I will say I made sure I pushed volume up button 1st then power released power then volume. Dont know if that made a difference. Good Luck. Praying sure does.

oCOUNTRY BOYo

Estimable
Mar 23, 2015
I followed the advise of soumil and held down my power button the phone restarted (Moto X) and is out of safe mode.....took all of 30 sec.....his plan///idea (props!) I'm just confirming it worked thanks!

chelseaxx47

Estimable
Apr 2, 2015

Omg thanks helped soo much and it worked for my samsung fame

Debesh Dash

Estimable
Apr 7, 2015
It worked for my intex aqua i5 hd smartphone....first i pressed simultaneously down volume button & power button...then a new screen poped up stating factory reset with a warning message that all phone data will be erased permanently...i didnt mind as i had backed all my contacts & media on sd card....i selected factory reset using volume key & pressed OK using power key....now its my fresh new& faster phone ...thnx alot...

Jazzy_

Estimable
Jun 1, 2015
Turn off your phone wait 10-20 seconds ,turn it on again and once you do hold the up button until your screen saver pops up (keep holding the up button even if you see the T-mobile logo flickering )

YoungerEver

Estimable
Jun 10, 2015
How to remove a SAFE MODE? Hold the power button,then FLIGHT MODE, SWITCH OFF and other option will appear. Chose SWITCH OFF then it will shotdown. Then, turn it ON after a while. the safe mode automatically disappear.

Mukeshgt

Estimable
Jun 12, 2015
I got the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
I am not able to come out of the Safe mode.
Tried the following, as mentioned above :
1) Holding the power & volume down button ( both ways., while switching Off & switching On )
2) Holding the power & volume up button ( both ways., while switching Off & switching On )

None worked.

Help me, guys !

Its getting on my nerves now.

joost79

Estimable
Jul 16, 2015

What LG phone do you have?

eldaddio13

Estimable
Sep 25, 2015

I wanted to add what might be an important piece of information on the "Safe Mode" issue. I had this happen to me recently and all of a sudden after this appeared in my lower left screen, I couldn't open certain apps and read certain email msgs. I had recently installed a "360 Security" app from the "Google Play Store". I thought this must be the culprit, since I hadn't installed anything else on my phone recently when suddenly the "Safe Mode" showed up. I uninstalled the "360 Security" app and then performed the power shut down while holding down my volume down button. It worked! I have the ZTE Lever with Straight Talk Service. I am not sure if the "360 Security" app or any other is related to this problem???... but I thought I would mention this for those of you that might be looking for a solution to this obvious ongoing issue. Good luck!

Eldaddio13

Jash Wanth Yagami

Estimable
Dec 21, 2015

as everyone says VOLUME DOWN button is NOT WORKING!!!!
Im hangin onto a XPERIA C3
droped it water fortunately it was still working ON SAFE MODE
cant get it off!
??????????????what exactly am i suppposed to do??????????
vol up and power ( not workin)
vol down and power (like hell it did)
deleting malware (where do i find it . i deleted 23 apps from unknown sources{hackers, rootcheckers, ....} still no)

Natasyah

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
My phone is on safe mode.. i restart my phone coz it was stuck so i did and i saw safe mode on the bottom left. I did everything but its still the same. Help me please. I tried to turn it off n on again but its still the same. :( help me please. Thank you.

mc68000

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010

***JGraham81 - your answer worked for me on my Z3v***

s0or

Estimable
Sep 1, 2015

thank you so much
my problem resolved