How to get Android phone out of safe mode? I have a Sony Xperia

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gordon_81

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
I have a Sony Xperia M. For some reason it got put into safe mode. I've tried switching it off and on again and holding in the volume up key like it suggests on the internet. I've tried removing the battery and the SIM card and restarting the phone. Still can't get it out of safe mode. For some reason the volume down button doesn't seem to work when the phone is actually on and in safe mode. Not sure if this has to do with anything. Surely there must be another way of getting the phone out of safe mode?

Solution

Yep that worked but I pushed up on volume instead of down

maria_33

Commendable
Mar 21, 2016

Thank you so much - had the same problem and your solution worked perfectly :)

Anna_38

Commendable
Jul 7, 2016

Janey2016

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016

Janey2016

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016
I have a Sony Expedia z5 compact and the same thing happened to me plus one if my applications disappeared although I hadn't uninstalled it. After mucking about with my settings I panicked! So I pressed the power button and the volume button, WITHOUT holding down the volume down. When I switched it back on, again pressing both at the same time, my phone returned to normal, no safe mode AND my disappeared app reappeared! Perhaps it's a gremlin. I'm Not joking, technology does @#£& up now and again for some weird reason. It may WELL be a inbuilt accidental flaw. Try both, switch it OFF by pressing power button and volume button at the same time, then switch your phone back On, again pressing both at the same time. I do sincerely hope that helps you.

Dani flash

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016

I tried this but not working for me, what should I do?

Ammar655400

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016
hi>>>>>>>i foud the solution ....it is the flat power ..when i change it and made software ..the problem had solved,,to be spicific there is a transistor on the flat power from the behind which is damaged .you can just replace it....

DC DPW PEMA

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016

That worked, thanks!

Courtlily143

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016
This was the ONLY thing that wrked 4 me...Turn off the phone, then when you turn on hold down the POWER button & the VOLUME UP (not down! ) AT THE SAME TIME until unlock screen appears.
OR
Hold the Power & hold the Volume UP Button till it restarts or powers off the phone. When u turn it back on it should b out of safe mode!
Like I said, I tried literally everything before this & nothing wrked! I did the 1st one & it worked like a charm! Thank God b/c my next step would've have to been a factory/data reset! Hope this helps

Tanisha_14

Prominent
Feb 10, 2017

Yeah switch the phone off and while switching it on, hold down the power button as well as the volume ''up'' button. Worked for me.

Isuru_1

Estimable
Feb 5, 2016
try this: turn off your phone then when u turn it on hold down the power button and the volume down button at the same time

This method works for me too.Phone is XPERIA M2-dual

Thanks a lot everyone.hope this works for others too

TRENDING THREADS