Question How to get bios to boot to Windows.

Feb 13, 2020
I have a desktop but there are no desktop selections in the drop down. A few weeks ago I had a problem booting so in bios I was poking around I can't remember the option but I screwed up and instead of exiting I enabled something and real quick it said something about Ubuntu. I don't have Ubuntu on my computer. I have Windows and Kali Linux I removed Ubuntu about six months ago. I went as far as rearranging the drive order physically I tried removing the battery and whatever else I could find to fix the problem which is it wont boot to windows or Kali Linux on it's own it boots to the blue screen of death. If I boot from Bios it boots fine. How can I get it to boot from a drive that' actually is there, I even tried changing the boot order and still the same problem. My computer is a Hp i7 CPU 32 GB Ram 4GB GPU 9TB of SSD's running Kali Linux and Windows 10 Pro. Any help is greatly appreciated .

Feb 13, 2020
Hp 6300
I messed with it some more no it's booting to Kali here's the really strange thing it says in the boot order that the Kali drive is a DVD player so it thinks it's booting to a DVD drive that isn't there. Booting from bios I hit the escape key go to the menu and select the drive from the boot menu. If you look in file explorer it shows Kali as drive F but in the boot menu it is HP DVD Disk drive. I really have no idea how I did this.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Laptop Tech Support 1
tifa03 Laptop Tech Support 7
ayush099 Laptop Tech Support 1
Alicat111111 Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 4
Hirinator Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
ruslruslrusl1 Laptop Tech Support 3
TheAlienJD Laptop Tech Support 1