How to how to hook up two 4 ohm and two 8 ohms to a Class D monoblock

Bob157

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
I have a JL 500/1 class D monoblock how would I hook up to 4 ohm and two 8 ohm subwoofers, and if my aunt is a one channel why do I have two rights into negative inputs

Solution
I think they designed it with multiple speaker connections to make it easier to use thick speaker wire from multiple speakers.
Minimum impedance the amp will handle is 1.5 ohms.
If you connect all 4 in parallel you would get 1.34 ohms so that's a no go.
Connecting woofers in series reduces the damping factor so the amp won't be as tight sounding so I would use the 2 best woofers or an additonal amp.
If you have to run them all then you can run 1 4ohm in series with the other three in parallel to give you 6 ohms which is safe. You would connect the plus out to plus in on first 4ohm, The minus of that same 4ohm connects to the plus of all three other speakers and the minus of all three of those goes to the minus of the amp.
I think they designed it with multiple speaker connections to make it easier to use thick speaker wire from multiple speakers.
Minimum impedance the amp will handle is 1.5 ohms.
If you connect all 4 in parallel you would get 1.34 ohms so that's a no go.
Connecting woofers in series reduces the damping factor so the amp won't be as tight sounding so I would use the 2 best woofers or an additonal amp.
If you have to run them all then you can run 1 4ohm in series with the other three in parallel to give you 6 ohms which is safe. You would connect the plus out to plus in on first 4ohm, The minus of that same 4ohm connects to the plus of all three other speakers and the minus of all three of those goes to the minus of the amp.

Solution