How to increase graphics memory? I have 2 gb graphics but on playing gta 4... Only shows 227 mb graphics...help

Elvin-Jacob

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014
I have a Lenovo laptop with intel hd graphics 2gb... And 4 gb ram i3 processor... But on playing gta 4... The graphics settings on gta only shows 227 mb of graphics please help me....!!

Solution
Intel HD graphics is a dynamic graphics engine that pulls memory from your native RAM. In all cases, that means the amount of RAM you have free after all your system exhausts the RAM is 226mb which is then utilized for graphics( PS just saying, does GTA 4 even run on that Intel HD? )

Imon750

Estimable
Apr 2, 2014
Intel HD graphics is a dynamic graphics engine that pulls memory from your native RAM. In all cases, that means the amount of RAM you have free after all your system exhausts the RAM is 226mb which is then utilized for graphics( PS just saying, does GTA 4 even run on that Intel HD? )

Solution
Assuming the Intel HD graphics core can address up to 2GB of RAM, the problem is your laptop only has 4GB of RAM. The operating system and the game needs RAM as well as the background tasks. I assume the Intel HD graphics core can use up to 2GB of RAM if the laptop has 8GB of RAM or more installed.

The question is which Intel HD graphics core do you have? They all have different performance level depending on the model. The current generation Core i3 will have either the Intel HD 4400 ("u" models) or the Intel HD 4600 ("m" models). Whle Intel HD graphics performance has come a long way in just a few years, they are still considered weak in comparison to discrete graphic chips.

supermikeq

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szn5Mgb-IQs"][/video]
I used this tutorial (while I had my intel hd graphics) to increase the dedicated amount. I assume it works or at least worked for me.. just remember not to dedicate too much.