How to install a clean Windows on a Alienware M14X WITH all the Alienware programs,like AlienFX

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpsuperprosecrets

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
I am buying a Alienware M14x for one of my relatives for Xmas, he clearly said he wants a Alienware and I am getting him one, but it comes with Ubuntu on it, and there is no Alienware restore disk. If I just put a clean install of Windows, it won't have any of the Alienware things, like AlienFX, would it? Please show me which install of Windows I need to use so that AlienFx is There.

Thanks

Solution

New, used, whichever.
There is no way to make the Linux applications on it run in a Windows environment. You'll need to find them, if you can, and install after the Windows installation.

USAFRet

Illustrious
If it comes with Ubuntu, then whatever AlienWare applications are on it will not run in a Windows environment.
Your best bet is to see if there is a Windows version at the AlienWare site, and install that after the Windows install.

But if this is a new machine, why aren't you getting it with Windows preinstalled?

USAFRet

Illustrious

New, used, whichever.
There is no way to make the Linux applications on it run in a Windows environment. You'll need to find them, if you can, and install after the Windows installation.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.