how to install blueray on regular cable tv

Doiron

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
I have old tv with just a cable connection from the cable box to TV gives me cable TV . Is there any way to hook the blue ray into cable box and then the cable box to cable connection in back of TV. There are no other connections in the back or front of TV. Please help if possible.

Solution
You can't connect the blueray to the cable box (no inputs on it).
If your TV only has an RF antenna input then it is very very old. You would need a couple of adapters and the picture would be pretty bad. If a new TV is too pricey then consider a used flat screen. Many are sold on Craigslist about $100. Even a 5-10 year old set will be better than your old one. Make sure it has at least 2 HDMI inputs. You could upgrade to HD cable too.
You can't connect the blueray to the cable box (no inputs on it).
If your TV only has an RF antenna input then it is very very old. You would need a couple of adapters and the picture would be pretty bad. If a new TV is too pricey then consider a used flat screen. Many are sold on Craigslist about $100. Even a 5-10 year old set will be better than your old one. Make sure it has at least 2 HDMI inputs. You could upgrade to HD cable too.

Solution

sierra419

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
Exactly what the poster above me has stated. There's no way to hook up a bluray player into a cable box to pass a signal through to your TV. To be honest, I'm not sure why you're even trying to hook up a bluray player to an old TV. The tech isnt compatible and it serves no purpose whatsoever. You're not going to get anything HD from a non-HD TV. A VHS or DVD player will give you the best results.