How to load videos longer than 15 min to a verified You Tube account.

Maineman

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010
I have a verified You Tube account but don't seem to be able to upload videos longer that 15 min. Am using Adobe Premier Elements 14 to edit videos. Unfortunately it saves all videos as .prel files. Can select a video and "share" for the application but always get a "video longer than You Tube allows". That should not be. Does anyone know if APE 14 can be made to save videos in a format of your choice or another program that does?

Thanks,

Tom

Maineman

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010
OK, thanks, that helps to understand the difference between the (dot) format of my work. I did notice the stats for the .prel project file shows both the h.264 and the .mp4 format. It still does let me post to YouTube. When I click on "Export & Share" I get - "The video duration exceeds the maximum duration supported by the destination. (You Tube) Please reduce the duration of the video and try again." This is a verified You Tube account. All stats are great, account has never been suspended and says - "You can now upload videos longer than 15 minutes!" but I can't. I just verified the account yesterday so maybe it takes 24 - 48 hours for the changes to take effect, despite what the account stats say. This is also the weekend so it may take longer.

Maineman

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010

Thanks,

Got it posted. Had to save the 90 min .prel file as an .mp4 file. That took over 5 hours to copy it from the "Videos" file on my computer to the "Videos" file as a .mp4. Maybe it took so long because it had to convert to .mp4, I don;t know. Then it took a little more than 2 hours to upload the 90 min video to you tube. That time is most likely common, given a specific computers processing power (CPU and memory) as well as the internet connection speed. Oh well, got it posted. Thanks for your help.

Tom

k1114

Distinguished
It's not converting, it's exporting (aka rendering or encoding) which is all down to cpu and ram unless it's gpu accelerated. Upload speed is not affected by pc specs unless it just can't even run smoothly doing almost nothing. You were most likely maxing out your internet which typically has less upload bandwidth than download.