How to make 30 fps look smoother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fakhri999

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016
Hey guys i have a potato laptop i7-5 , gt 930m , 8gb ram and 1tb storage (maybe potato ish :p)
i'am currently plaing rainbowsix and getting 50 - 65 fps all low setting and lowest display like 1080x blablabal i forgot XD but anyway.i play that game on like med setting and get aroun 30 - 40 and it feels like crap, choppy and doesnt feel smooth at all but when i see people playing with like 30 - 40 fps ish its like really smooth. Is it youtube effect or something they did like fps capper? sorry i'am really bad gaming / laptop thing i'am new with it and my english sorry hahaha. Thanks

Solution
It's probably because on youtube you are merely watching the game play so 30 to 40 FPS looks smooth.

When you are actually playing the game if there is even minor lag of a few frames / several between what your actions are and when it is displayed on the screen you will know it.

Lee-m

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Depending on the encoding and options, video formats usually add motion blur. Wouldn't surprise me if youtube did that of its own accord. Buts its been a real long time since I uploaded anything personally, so not sure how it behaves these days.

For me 30-40 fps is fine, but others complain at anything other than 60. You'll have to lower the settings, or up grade to get the performance you require personally.

Fakhri999

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016

and is updating my graphic driver important? cause i saw some poeple uipdate their driver and decreased performance

Lee-m

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Standard advice is to always keep your drivers up to date, and that is my advice too. If you have a really old gfx card, newer drives might be abit slower, but if you don't have the experience to find the optimal one, then just keep up to date.

It's probably because on youtube you are merely watching the game play so 30 to 40 FPS looks smooth.

When you are actually playing the game if there is even minor lag of a few frames / several between what your actions are and when it is displayed on the screen you will know it.

Solution

Fakhri999

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016

What program do i use? can u send me link to a vids toturial, its seems i cant find a good one for me.

Fakhri999

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016

Owh okay thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.