How to make Windows turn transparency off automatically when I unplug my laptop and turn back on when I plug it in.

davidbuddy9

Estimable
May 23, 2014
Before you say anything, I got this working before. It was an option from my hardware manufacturer OEM version of Windows under the "Dell Extend Battery Life Options." When I re installed Windows a year later and got the same drivers I noticed on the same screen I lost the option to auto enable/disable Aero transparency when in pluged/unpluged my computer. Just asking if anyone has a version for the Dell Inspiron 5520 (Win7) that has the option or if you have another way like messing around the registry or something that will allow this functionality. C'mon who doesn't like eyecandy and then making it disappear when you need to save energy.

Solution
Never Mind This is how I got it working.

Change the power profile to "Power Saver" (How to: Right click on the battery icon on the desktop > select "Power options" > Select "Power Saver")

Unplug the charger and then go to "Personalize" (right click on the desktop select "Personalize ")

Click windows color > switch OFF "Enable Transparency"

Save changes and exit "Personalize"

Plug in the charger and then go to "Personalize" (right click on the desktop select "Personalize")

Click windows color > switch ON "Enable Transparency"

davidbuddy9

Estimable
May 23, 2014
Never Mind This is how I got it working.

Change the power profile to "Power Saver" (How to: Right click on the battery icon on the desktop > select "Power options" > Select "Power Saver")

Unplug the charger and then go to "Personalize" (right click on the desktop select "Personalize ")

Click windows color > switch OFF "Enable Transparency"

Plug in the charger and then go to "Personalize" (right click on the desktop select "Personalize")

Click windows color > switch ON "Enable Transparency"

Solution