How to mirror an iPhone to your TV

Jul 2, 2023
Hi-

I was hoping someone may be able to provide some direction for me regarding iPhone mirroring.

Our car currently does not have a touchscreen for navigation or CarPlay. It does have Bluetooth, but only for phone calls (streaming music does not work). We are taking a trip in a couple of weeks and I wanted to add a touchscreen that I can mirror to from my iPhone. I would like to be able to do the following:

-Mirror iPhone to touchscreen for Waze/Navigation and other CarPlay features
-Mirror iPhone to touchscreen for YouTube TV, NetFlix, etc. so the kids can watch shows and have it play through the car speakers

I have been looking into devices like Carpuride (website below), but there are several limitations with these type of devices:

-Does not allow mirroring for NetFlix, etc. because of copyright issues (assuming that is the case?), but it does allow it for YouTube and also has the traditional CarPlay features (navigation, messages, etc.). Sending sound through the device is also difficult without Bluetooth streaming in the car.

https://carpuride.com/collections/c...t-multimedia-dual-bluetooth-dashboard-console

Ideally, I wanted a 7" or 10" touchscreen that would allow me to plug in my iPhone to the tablet and do a hard wire mirroring, while also sending sound from the tablet or iPhone through Aux input on car stereo? I have looked and looked for this type of solution, but nobody seems to have captured the market. It seems a lot of people would be interested in doing what I am attempting to do. Some of the touchscreens on Amazon, etc. are specifically made for Raspberry PI integration, but all I want to be able to do is mirror my iPhone screen to a capacitive touchscreen so I can use my iPhone fully in the vehicle, hands free.

Thanks for any insight!

Jeff