How to pair wireless speakers to a microphone?

l0nglive

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017
Hi,

I'm looking for a communication device that has a lavier microphone that I Can speak to, then the sound is played back from a pair of speakers. It will be used in a food court to call out order numbers.

From my search, I may need active speakers with amplifier built-in then I can simply plug the mic into the input plug. I could also get any speaker and an amplifier to convert signal from mic to speakers.

The thing is I Want to go wirelress and avoid the cable, device mess. And searching around, I usually find wirelress speakers that require smartphone or computer streaming. I have also looked to wireless Lav mic which youtubers often plug directly to their camera/phone. I haven't seen it working with a speaker, so I am not sure. I would love to avoid any middle devices.

IS there any simple solution that works with a microphone and a speaker?

Solution
Cameras and phones have mic preamps built in.
You would need a mic preamp to boost the output up enough to go directly into the speakers. Same with wireless mics since they expect you to connect them to a mixer or mic level input on something.

l0nglive

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017
Interseting, I never thought of that keyword.

But the products in the category is expensive. Is there other DIY solution? Should I buy a microphone, a preamp/mixer, and a speaker?