How to protect from phishing and skimming.

Stanley112

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
Hi,
I run a pawn shop with my friends. We search every online flea markets to collect items. Last night, I was browsing through tips to strengthen the firewall settings, when I came across this blog. (http://www.billfixer.com/online-fraud/what-is-skimming-phishing-and-online-fraud/) It talks about phishing and skimming and how to protect yourself from it. The blog doesn't mention about any tools or software to prevent phishing. Is there any such security tools? Need advice.
Thanks.

Solution
"Phishing" is online fraud in the form of someone (person or machine) attempting to obtain information such as account data for a website or bank account information by posing as someone/something that you could "trust" with such information (e.g. you get an email from an "employee" of the bank you use asking for your bank account information).

This kind of fraud depends largely on user negligence and ignorance to succeed, there aren't any "security tools" that protect you from it because the only security against it is to use your head before handing someone account info because they told you that they work for some important company.

Mr Kagouris

Estimable
Sep 7, 2015
"Phishing" is online fraud in the form of someone (person or machine) attempting to obtain information such as account data for a website or bank account information by posing as someone/something that you could "trust" with such information (e.g. you get an email from an "employee" of the bank you use asking for your bank account information).

This kind of fraud depends largely on user negligence and ignorance to succeed, there aren't any "security tools" that protect you from it because the only security against it is to use your head before handing someone account info because they told you that they work for some important company.

Solution