How to protect your laptop battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLoveRAM

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
So im playing to buy a new toshiba laptop that i will use for gaiming.
I will spend up to 7+ hours on it.
For that i guess i will need to have my laptops charger plugged up during that time.Now i was wondering how to keep my battery safe when i will want to use my laptop as a normal office laptop.On my old laptop i was gaming alot and i always kept it plugged in and i broke the battery(it cant last about 10 minutes without a charger).The laptop that im planing to buy has its battery intergrated so it cant be plugged out.What should i do?

Solution
Sadly, if it has to be on all day, then it has to be on all day on charge, there's not much you can do there.

Best thing you can do is keep it cool. Heat will destroy a Li-ion battery faster than anything.

Look into a laptop cooling stand. It will elevate the laptop, letting air flow underneath it, keeping the laptop, and therefore the battery cool.

You can get these on the internet pretty cheap. Theoretically it should help with ergonomics etc as well, but keeping it cool is the important bit.

SteamingPenguin

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
Sadly, if it has to be on all day, then it has to be on all day on charge, there's not much you can do there.

Best thing you can do is keep it cool. Heat will destroy a Li-ion battery faster than anything.

Look into a laptop cooling stand. It will elevate the laptop, letting air flow underneath it, keeping the laptop, and therefore the battery cool.

You can get these on the internet pretty cheap. Theoretically it should help with ergonomics etc as well, but keeping it cool is the important bit.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.