Solved! how to recover lost video after forced shut down

Oct 16, 2018
my laptop has been hanging a lot lately to the point where I have to force shut down. so today, I was downloading a video and it started hanging again, but I waited until the video finished downloading; even opened it on vlc to check if it was playing, then I forced shut down. the problem is that upon restarting, the video is nowhere to be found. on my download history on my browser, it has started the download again from the beginning. please, how can I recover the video? I have already tried the recurva app and even tried .asd just in case.

Solution
time to fix the locking up. run ccleaner..malwarebytes. see if your laptop is over heating. also run hdtune and hard drive test tool and memtest from a usb stick see what part is failing and replace it. it also may be time to wipe windows and reload it.
time to fix the locking up. run ccleaner..malwarebytes. see if your laptop is over heating. also run hdtune and hard drive test tool and memtest from a usb stick see what part is failing and replace it. it also may be time to wipe windows and reload it.

Solution
Oct 16, 2018

thank you for the advise, I'll try them now. however, is there no way to recover the video; that is the immediate problem I want to solve. again, thank you for answering