How to recover photos accidentally deleted on Android 6.0 Marshmallow

jfJFnPq.png

It is easily done. You’re cleaning out your phone to try to recover some free space and accidentally delete some images you wanted to keep. I have done it more than a few times when getting overzealous while spring cleaning my phone. Fortunately, there are a couple of things you can do to recover photos accidentally deleted on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.

First and I cannot stress this enough, if you have images you want to keep on your Android device, set automatic backups. Do it now.

Configure automatic image backups in Android Marshmallow

Google gives you 15GB of free cloud storage so you may as well use it. Setting your phone to automatically back itself up to Google Drive is something every Android user needs to do.

1. Navigate to the Photos app.
2. Tap the three lines in the top left and select Settings.
3. Select Backup and sync.
4. Toggle it to on.

Make sure the account and the settings are acceptable. I have mine set to sync only over Wi-Fi to avoid burning through my data allowance. Your mileage may vary.

You can also copy files to your computer manually when connected with a USB cable.

Recover deleted photos
As far as I know, Android does not contain a file undeleting function. To do that you have to use an app. We don’t recommend particular apps on Tom’s Guide so we can’t recommend a specific app. Go to the Google Play Store, look for file recovery apps, read reviews and make your own judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Status
Not open for further replies.