Question How to remove white dotted horizontal line on lenovo g500 laptop screen? (windows 10)

Aug 3, 2021
Hi! My laptop's screen has no problem yesterday, but when I opened it again; I noticed there's a white dotted line on the screen. I have tried opening the bios and it also shows. i have also updated my drivers but it still wont get removed. Any suggestions is highly appreciated. Tia

mrmike16

Honorable
If it also shows up in the BIOS, I'd assume that either the dotted line is actually some kind of physical markup from where it lands on the keyboard (have you tried cleaning it with a cloth?), or the screen is faulty, or it could also be the video cable- since you haven't stated any possible events between today and yesterday, I can only guess that it's from simply closing and opening the laptop. It could be that the video cable is not in securely. Also, try seeing if it appears on another screen connected to the laptop, like on a TV or monitor.

Welcome to Tom's Guide Forum, by the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: fughyumi
Aug 3, 2021
If it also shows up in the BIOS, I'd assume that either the dotted line is actually some kind of physical markup from where it lands on the keyboard (have you tried cleaning it with a cloth?), or the screen is faulty, or it could also be the video cable- since you haven't stated any possible events between today and yesterday, I can only guess that it's from simply closing and opening the laptop. It could be that the video cable is not in securely. Also, try seeing if it appears on another screen connected to the laptop, like on a TV or monitor.

Welcome to Tom's Guide Forum, by the way.
Yes, I've also tried wiping the screen with a cloth even the keyboard. Thanks! Will do that