how to render and upload to youtube in the same quality?

imreal

Estimable
Nov 10, 2015
Hey guys
i watched all youtube (very honest) videos about rendering and how to render in hd,but when you make it yourself like them it does not look like their hd videos in youtube

i rendered like all of them finally the video looks pixely on my (PC) not (youtube..it will look worse) .. then i got tired of them so i started changing this and that till i finally discovered that the bitrate is the problem that makes the video looks pixely if you set it low (like them :() so i put it 50,000,000 on my gta video , i waited long and the video size is 4 giga byte ,maybe it's insane but
it's the first real hd video that i rendered .. then i upload it to youtube (it looks pixely)

im tired of it

need your help ?

I haven't had the need to render at 60p but the settings I use are as follows:

1920x1080
VBR (Variable Bit Rate)
2-Pass
Target: 10 Mbps
Max: 12 Mbps
Audio: AAC 320 kbps, 48 kHz, Stereo

I'm not saying this is the "perfect" setting but it works for me. I haven't had any pixelated videos yet with those settings. If the source format you are using is MP4 then you are already using a highly compressed format. If you can record in another format that might help.

aznricepuff

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
It's worth keeping in mind that with youtube, there is a point where increasing the quality or bitrate of videos you upload will not result in any appreciable gains in quality in the final youtube stream. This is because youtube re-encodes all videos you upload and targets rather low bitrates (1.5 Mbps VP9 for 1080p30/24 and 5 Mbps for 1080p60). So you can go ahead and upload a 50 Mbps source, but once youtube is done re-encoding it you'll effectively be capped to whatever bitrate youtube targets for its streams.

I see a lot of people complaining that youtube butchers the quality of videos and wondering how they can fix it when the answer is, "you can't fix it" because what they're seeing is completely normal behavior. You simply can't expect to take a 50 Mbps H264 source, re-encode it to 1.5-5 Mbps VP9, and get no visual quality loss (even accounting for the superior low-bitrate performance of VP9 vs H264).

And at this point a lot of people would say, "But I've seen other people's videos that look perfect/better/not pixelated compared to mine, so there must be a way!" And the explanation for that is: youtube targets specific bitrates for its streams, but bitrate does not equate to visual quality. For an extreme example, I can create a 500 Kbps 4K video stream that is visually indistinguishable from source if my video is nothing but a black screen for 30 seconds. But for any "typical" video source at 4K, the same 500 Kbps will get you a blocky mess. So all those videos that look better than others probably look better because their content is not as visually complex and therefore can be more easily compressed.

What I have noticed in youtube for me is that you do not want to upload a video with a high bitrate (like 50mbps). 10mbps should be fine. At very high bitrates, Ive noticed youtube damaging the quality alot comparing a 50mbps to 10mpbs video.