Question How to reset bios if screen is black?

Mar 4, 2019
Everything is working fine but display is black and shows nothing....what to do in this case? And how can i reset bios?

You shouldn't need to reset or mess with BIOS to resolve it.

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
  2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
  3. Turn on the external monitor.
  4. Turn on the laptop.
NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

You may also want to try hitting CTRL + SHIFT + WIN + B to try and reset your graphics driver as another possible fix.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
I Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 4
W Laptop Tech Support 1
Z Laptop Tech Support 3
L Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 3
Similar threads
Solved! My poloroid tablet screen freekishly Shane looking like it is broken and water damaged and now I cannot get it to reset why is
Acer Aspire one factory reset but Acer Screen does not pop up it goes straight to windows??
Solved! Weird message on black screen, won't boot and nothing works for factory reset
how can u do a factory reset when screen or charms won't pull up?
Black screen/ reset peformed
I have tried everything including hard drive reset on my Dell Inspiron 3558 is only giving me a black screen it is windows 10
I reset my acer aspire v5-122p-0408 and now when i turn it on it shows the acer explore beyond screen but them goes shows a bl
Hi, yesterday when I tried to reset my nextbook pc tab it crashed now when I turn it on it says nextbook then the screen goes
my screen is still black even after pushing the reset button
my acer aspire v15 nitro won't turn on after i reset it. when i turn it on, it only shows the logo and that's just it.
Acer aspire reset black screen
Black screen after CMOS reset
I was factory reseting my toshiba but I cancelled it in 1% Reboot and select proper boot device
I have a detachable HP Pavillionx2 -10t-n100CTO, I have power, only black screen, have tried hard reset twice, still showing b
I have an MSI laptop, not sure which type. I tried to reset it, but it now stays on a black screen and I am unable to do anyt
Black Screen, 7 Beeps, after resetting BIOS
it stuck on a black screen and won't reset when I turn off is it a way to reboot...it doesn't have a battery to take out its a
how do i reset a toshiba satellite C50D-B-120 ? the black bios password screen appears in a white box you type the password
Black screen. Displays when hard reset
Toshiba Factory Reset, led to Black Screen

ASK THE COMMUNITY