How To Reset Your Google Privacy Settings

dJaxKl2.jpg

Over the time you spent using Google services, you can be sure as anything that Google amassed a huge amount of data on you. You can limit the data they collect, but they will still collect some info, it’s just the way it is.

If that bothers you, you could ease your mind a bit by resetting your privacy settings. Keep in mind that if you do this, you'll be starting from scratch, meaning you won’t be seeing any relevant searches, recommendations, notifications and so on. This is because Google uses all your info across all of their services to give you more convenient and smooth experience. With that out of the way, here’s how you can reset your privacy settings.

■ Open the browser of your choice, type www.google.com in address bar, and press Enter.

■ Log in ( If you’re not logged in) by clicking on the blue Sign In button in the top right corner and providing your credentials.
    lAAFFNX.jpg

■ After that, click on the profile icon in the top right corner.

2Xisrri.jpg

■ Now, click on the My Account button to access your account’s settings.

MYZt3kz.jpg

■ Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on My Activity.

ts2Tspq.jpg

■ On the left side of the page, click Delete activity by.

1ckSYFa.jpg

■ In here you have a few options. You can specify the time and the date for when you want your activity deleted. To completely reset the settings, click on the first menu (should be Today by default), and choose All time.

BTSU81p.jpg

■ Make sure you also choose All products from the menu below if you want to reset everything. This would include searches, maps, ads, news, etc.

DyD82A4.jpg

■ When you’re done, click the Delete button.

SErAAuK.jpg

■ Confirm the action, by clicking on the Delete button in the new window.

iHjNkE3.jpg

■ Back on the My Activity page, you should also check the Other Google activity and see what you can do there. It includes things like location, device information and similar.

ezlxCcd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Status
Not open for further replies.