Solved! How to restart a new Facebook Account with my own information

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgrey

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2008
So I deleted my FB account because I took a new job and cannot have the political content on my old page floating around. I decided I would create a new account so I can continue an online presence with new content.

However, after attempting to create multiple accounts FB locks/disables my accounts every time. I assume it is because I am using the same mobile number, which I have no wish to change, and FB has it stored with my old account's information. So I suspect that FB assumes I am impersonating myself, and thus disable the accounts.

Obviously this is ridiculous. You cannot contact FB by phone to sort this out. I have tried to use some page they have dispute disabled accounts, but it never works - despite entering the info they ask for, when you hit "send" it always pops up a window claiming you haven't entered something in a field, when in fact you have.

I'm not changing my phone number. I cannot risk restarting the old account exactly as it was in case the old content suddenly reappears (if you think FB really deletes information, then see my argument above about them storing my number). Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Solution
Why not turn the account back on, and change the mobile number? Have a friend accept the text so FB thinks it's real, then once it's on the new number delete the account. It will probably remember the old number but it's worth a shot.

You can also try deleting the old posts. If you delete them they won't be visible on your wall. Yes it's still on their servers and it will take you a long time to remove them all, but it will eventually get done.

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
Why not turn the account back on, and change the mobile number? Have a friend accept the text so FB thinks it's real, then once it's on the new number delete the account. It will probably remember the old number but it's worth a shot.

You can also try deleting the old posts. If you delete them they won't be visible on your wall. Yes it's still on their servers and it will take you a long time to remove them all, but it will eventually get done.

Solution

mrgrey

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2008
Yeah, not bad suggestion (^^). I'll try it. I deleted it permanently, so unsure it can be "turned back on", but definitely worth a shot.

In terms of deleting posts, yeah, I considered that, but they are too long and extensive and they are all over other people's walls as well. I wanted everything completely gone.

Thanks for the suggestion, will report back after I try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.