How to restore a Toshiba back to factory settings

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reyne

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
L 500 laptop needs bringing back to factory settings due to infection which can't be removed. unable to access google & gmail or other web pages so using my acer netbook for current access. many thanks for help. reyne

Solution
Warning: All data on the hard drive will be erased. Back up any important data before proceeding. Make sure the computer is connected to a power supply and do not switch it off or restart during the process. •1) Hold down the power button for ten seconds to switch off your machine •Please note: Holding down the power button on the machine forces it to switch off. Any unsaved data will be lost.

•2) Press and hold the zero key and at the same time, tap the power button once to switch on your notebook
•3) When the machine starts beeping, release the zero key
•4) When prompted by the warning screen, select Yes to continue with the system recovery
•5) Select Recovery of Factory Default Software and click Next
•6) Select Recover to...

Clarice_2

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016
I have a Toshiba satellite pro laptop that needs factory resetting due to being second hand, however don't have a back up disk? I followed dannys steps and they worked up until the computer finished beebing however didn't come upwith the option to factory reset, someone help please?

reyne

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

hello clarice_2
given the date of my query I am saying that I no longer have that laptop. thank you for your response clarice.
reyne

mikeleeok

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
Hi danny2000,
My Toshiba model is P50t-b with Window 10 & have tried your suggestion for the Factory settings, including "F8" or "F1" "0" or most of Fn. I can't hear any beeping sound at all, but always comes on the Window 10. What am I doing wrong? Your suggestion would be appreciated & thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.