Solved! How to run HULU TV through Yamaha TER-7850???

Nov 21, 2019
I'm trying to run the HULU internet feed though the TSR-7850 so I can use speakers other than the speakers in a Samsung TV .

I have both an wired internet connection from router to the TV as well as an HDMI connection from the TSR-7850 which also has an wired internet connection. Can not seem to get HULU sound though the AV receiver

Solution
  1. The TV has to have an HMDI-ARC port that you have connected to the HDMI out of the AVR. If it does then you may need to turn ARC on in the TV menu. You may also have to turn the TV speakers off. ARC would have to be selected as your source in the AVR.
  2. If the TV doesn't have ARC then you will need to connect whatever audio output the TV does have (optical audio being the most common). That may also have to be turned on.
  1. The TV has to have an HMDI-ARC port that you have connected to the HDMI out of the AVR. If it does then you may need to turn ARC on in the TV menu. You may also have to turn the TV speakers off. ARC would have to be selected as your source in the AVR.
  2. If the TV doesn't have ARC then you will need to connect whatever audio output the TV does have (optical audio being the most common). That may also have to be turned on.

Reactions: BubbainManzanita
Solution
Nov 21, 2019
You nailed it! Thank you for the specific guidance, now playing HULU TV sounds via my AV receiver. You specific guidance on the potential follow-on steps was just what I needed to complete the process, with out which I would probably be still struggling or asking more questions.
Again Thank you!
Bubba