Solved! "How to" samsung smart remote control old yamaha reciever

Sep 29, 2019
Hi,
I have an old yamaha reciever ( rx-v800) connected via optical (no hdmi in the reciever) to a new samsung ru7400 65".
I have great sound over my cable box and netflix
I was trying to learn samsung remote to control my reciever with no luck.

Any help will be appriciated..

Solution
Since you aren't connected via HDMI-ARC I don't think the TV remote will operate the receiver unless it has the codes for that TV preprogrammed in so it can control it via IR. Most TV remotes are not learning remotes.
You could get a Logitech Harmony remote that is programmed with their app. That would work.
Since you aren't connected via HDMI-ARC I don't think the TV remote will operate the receiver unless it has the codes for that TV preprogrammed in so it can control it via IR. Most TV remotes are not learning remotes.
You could get a Logitech Harmony remote that is programmed with their app. That would work.

Solution

Sep 29, 2019
Thanks foe the reply,
I Hoped someone will have those codes for old yamaha reciever.
Too bad xuze i really liked the handling and size of the samsung remote.. which in first use also looked like a very smart remote.

I dare to say i was tried another harmon kardon reciever, also from the era without hdmi... and the calibratin setup guide on the tv couldnt find this model also.
I used to have few years ago an harmony logitech remote... but cant find it anymore.....

Any chance samsung has codes for those old reciever somewhere?

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

The emanual on line shows different remotes for different models so I can't tell for sure but I don't think you have an actual preprogrammed remote that can send IR to the receiver.
I think the TV AnyNet+ (CEC) over HDMI to send commands to turn on, change input and control volume over that connection.
Even if Samsung had the codes there is no way for them to program them into your remote. The Logitech app does that for their remotes. Even if you can't find your old one you could get one of their entry level ones for about $35.