Question how to setup a backup system

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i have 3 pcs that get on my network everyday not all at the same time. and i now use a hard drive that i have in a case and plug that into any of the pcs to do backups using that karans backup program by hand. i plug the drive into one of the pcs and click that program and it runs auto and backs up what ever is new on the pc. to the place i programed into the program. when i happen to think of it. what i would like to set up if possible is a drive that will see all the pcs when they connect to the network and back them up on a regular basis. the win10 guys tell me that is called a nas drive and that i need some type of program i can setup to do this. and i would need to know where to plug that drive in if this is possible? and if i need a special drive or might i get lets say a 1tb drive and i can use that case i now have and plug that into where ever it has to be plugged into and run that backup program on all the pcs at startup and have them backup when the program says it is time. thanks

USAFRet

Illustrious
See this:

Ask questions if anything is unclear.

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i have a usb hard drive that i back up maybe once a month sometimes more but that is why i'm looking into some type of drive i can plug into the modem and have it be a system backup drive. if that is possible.

USAFRet

Illustrious
i have a usb hard drive that i back up maybe once a month sometimes more but that is why i'm looking into some type of drive i can plug into the modem and have it be a system backup drive. if that is possible.
Did you read through the above link?

The first post there is my routine. Somewhat modified over the years, but that's the basics.

Macrium Reflect on a schedule, each system and/or physical drive in its own subfolder...full drive images.
Schedule = Daily, weekly, whatever meets your needs.