Solved! How to setup passive speaker for the audio technica lp60

Jalen-CLICL

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
Hello tomguide users. Recently i got into the world of record collecting. After receiving a massive slot of vinyls from a old timer I helped move. (PS some goldies in the collection.) since im a novice i decide to invest into a beginner level turntable the lp60 and work my way up. I have been doing research on good speakers to get. And its just my luck my local best buy has a sell going on for the klispch r51-m passive speakers two for 179.00$ I also get a college discount.

Theres two things i want to know will the lp60 support passive speakers.

And if it does what other items do i need. It has a preamp built in do i just need a reciever for audio controll and power or both.

Thank you guys

Solution
You can't connect passive speakers to the turntable. You will have to have an amp with a volume control (an integrated amp). The good news is your turntable DOES have a built-in preamp so any amp can be used.

Your cheapest approach is to go to a pawn shop and get a home stereo. You can then connect your turntable to any RCA line input port (CD, TAPE, DVD, etc).

kanewolf

Judicious
You can't connect passive speakers to the turntable. You will have to have an amp with a volume control (an integrated amp). The good news is your turntable DOES have a built-in preamp so any amp can be used.

Your cheapest approach is to go to a pawn shop and get a home stereo. You can then connect your turntable to any RCA line input port (CD, TAPE, DVD, etc).

Solution