How to Tell if a tv Station is Blocking Vpn's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtr22

Honorable
May 11, 2012
ABC doesn't stream live tv in my area yet. Windscribe free edition helps me watch from another localization. A few days ago it started giving an error message that I'm in another country and can't access their network. Actually using from MA. to NYC. Is there a way to see if it's ABC blocking vpn's now? Or something else? The vpn is working I tried other web sites to see.

Paul Wagenseil

Senior Editor
Apr 11, 2014
Have you tried just streaming the NYC startion -- I assume that it's WABC-TV -- to your computer without a VPN? I've never heard of any station geoblocking someone who's located in the same country.

Second question: Are you using the free or paid version of Windscribe? I believe the paid version gives you a greater choice of VPN server locations.

gtr22

Honorable
May 11, 2012
If I had a tv tuner such as Hauppauge wintv tuner, that plugs into the usb port, then I could watch all local stations free. The tuner costs $60 or more, I'm paying for cable and they stream live tv. So why pay $60 more?

Windscribe vpn free version gives me all the cities that ABC live stream to, paying for the upgraded version won't help. Because even if I try Los Angelas or Chicago, they show the same "Out of the country" message. I was watching on the NYC location for a couple of months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.