How to transfer pictures from a phone that wont turn on

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin_19

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
I made a huge mistake with lumia it wasnt detecting the camera folder on my pcv but would ion win 8. I didnt think to copy each pic a few at a tiime then save to anojer folder etc but had a year to get them of. phone battery jkept dying then eventually boot loop. wouldnt come on no bk up aLL IS ON INTERNAL memory. No way getting off. Deveastated n will never get over this as its at very least 3,000 pics 40gb data
Factory rest may get the phone bk on n running but nio recovery forr win phone n that woyuld recover all data after... Wish there was Id be exstatic...beyond words

SoulVaderz

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017

I have this problem too.
I can still connect my android phone to my PC, but due to its cracked screen, I am unable to access my phone's files and give permission to my PC through my phone.
Is there any other way?

Hollie_3

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017

How do you access the files if the touchscreen won't work? Don't you need to hit 'allow' for the computer to access the files?

Kristen_14

Prominent
Jul 5, 2017

IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. im thinking of calling LG themselves and seeing what we can do :(

halie.oxford

Prominent
Sep 19, 2017
Did, anyway find out the answer? I have a galaxy note 5 and the charging port is broke and wont charge the phone. I lost my dad 3 years ago and all of my pictures of us together are on the phone and I dont know how to get those off of the phone. I am afraid that I am going to lose these pictures forever. My phone doesn not have an sd slot.

rickdefreece

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017

mine is the same way...

betheniemorgan

Prominent
Oct 31, 2017

Has anyone figured this out please as mine has just done the same and iv lost all the pictures of my kids. I've searched my google account but cant find them on there. please help.

lcplthomasc

Prominent
Nov 23, 2017
I think your best bet will be a local cell phone repairman soldering a new charger port to the phone's board. I have a note 5 also. I HATE that it has no SD card slot. They were thinking cloud storage would really take off (as you can tell by the factory installed Google drive and Google photos apps on our notes), but it doesn't work great because you have no access to them if you're out of range of a cell tower, simply don't have the cell service paid up/on, or no WiFi spot is available. You'd think some of the smartest engineers on the planet that work for these electronics manufacturers would know that up front. They learned though, as the newer devices have that SD card back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.