how to uninstall programs that won't let you??

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspri

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Hi
I've got a couple of programs that I never use and I'd wish to uninstall. Now the issue is that neither they appear in the control panel (uninstall a program) nor there's an uninstall.exe in the program's folder. Is there any workaround??

PS: I've tried CCleaner but didn't do. I've also enabled the "show hidden files and folders"

Solution
Worst case, you'll just have to delete the folder the program is installed in. At that point you can either live with registry bloat, or use regedit and do a search for the program and manually remove all the entries.

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
Worst case, you'll just have to delete the folder the program is installed in. At that point you can either live with registry bloat, or use regedit and do a search for the program and manually remove all the entries.

Solution

aspri

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

I guess I'll just delete the folder. I didn't find anything in the registry..;might look further though.

olrob

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
Try Revo Uninstaller. I once needed to uninstall completely a Norton AV pre loaded on my pc. I googled around and found a program that completely uninstalled it. Try googling for uninstall programs for your old app.

Status
Not open for further replies.