How to unlock apple mackbook 2008 w/o ADmin or disc

hornstud

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
I am brand new, and very untechnical, but oddly enough very high iQ, go figure.

I inherited what I believe is the first Mac Book from 2007/2008 and the owner died a year and a half ago, and so I don't have password for the admin or any discs, and when I tried to get a disk they try to sell me a whole new system. If I enjoy this thing once I can get it working because everything needs updated in order to even used wifi at all, or download anything because Adobe is from 2006, but I am going to buy an AIR unless the retina gets below 1900 which I don't see happening.

I would prefer to talk to someone on the phone, I would call or be called, and live in Houston, texas, but if had to would do internet.

It sounds like if I had a disc I would be able to do it, but since I don't it is harder.

The unit has OSX version 10.6 and other then that I don't know what is necessary. He had it hwere I can do everything, but cannot update anything, and I remember when he got it at that time only the apple Air Port built in would do wifi and it was almost $300 then, but now a $25 after market would do it in N300 speed, if I had it unlocked.

I appreciate any help you guys provide, and apologize for not having more of a challenge or cutting edge for you technical people. I had an iphone since the original and am excited about switching ever since right after I converted the XP update so I could use the internet hot spot on the Iphone 4s because of blue tooth 4 and the upgradeed speed potential, and then 3 days after it was released Bill Gates took asll xp updates off the US market, I decided that was enough on negative marketing for one life. They are like 2 % of the market on computers, and he does that to their phone working with my MIcrosoft using Lenova, and I just couldn't take anymore, so I am done in principle working on getting done in practice.

vrumor

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
Shoulda used the high IQ and read the ToS where it says we cant help you bypassing any PW for any reason. No way to verify your story and even if we could, no way to tell you are the rightful owner.

hornstud

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012

I have no idea why you try to insult me and open with a self created word after insulting my intelligence, but thanks I guess.

I don't believe it is the members job to police the computer world, and this can be done via buying new apple software, and they don't even police you, so the if apple has to make money because my friend died or I can't ever update it, then that seems wrong to me.

For the future, in my case your post just wasted my time, and my question and situation whether you believe it or not is exactly as stated, so you could just not post such things, and you would be more helpful, and not have to be rude for no reason other then of course your own ego I guess?.

I welcome legitimate answers though, and again APPLE WANTS TO SELL YOU A NEW SYSTEM THEN YOU CAN OPENLY OPEN ANY COMPUTER SO IT ISN'T A ETHICAL ISSUE, BUT A FINANCIAL WINDFALL FOR APPLE WITHOUT VALUE RETURNED I AM TRYING TO AVOID. THANKS AGAIN.

hornstud

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012

My quesition is here because when you post this on google it leads you here. If this question is bad here, why do they set up their site to pull such questions to their site? I am a novice, but thats exactly how I got here, so how can such a question be wrong?

YOu also as I said can get it by buying stuff and apple didn't care and I brought the computer with me, so this whole CIA approach for such a straight question is crazy.

Who would steal this computer they are the first generation of the lower computer I think it is worth about $275 full retail $375, I mean I would be a horrible thief without wi fi by the way.

Thanks I guess I will since the next Air will be on that anyway it will help be a closer feel.