How to unlock core voltage control on Bios for 2500k (msi z77a gd65)?

catchme247

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
Hey guys I am trying to overclock my cpu but I cant do it because I cant change my voltage. I have the 2500k. How can I change my voltage? I have the msi gd65 mobo. Thanks in advance.

zoenphlux

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
I have this same board, and know your pain with this.

I just updated the Bios for my board, and it actually isn't working like it did before. With 10.4 I was able to alter everything, but once I put in 10.8 it locked the cpu ratio, cpu voltage, etc....nothing would work. I found a way around this by enabling the OC Genie for changes in Bios. It's under the OC section, but i forget how its worded right off since I am at work. You can then go into the OC Genie area(that shows up in bios once enabled) and make changes there. The aggravating part is you have to click the OC Genie button on the board for the settings to be enabled. Its a lot more steps, but it works. I have an i5 3570k stable at 4.5 with air cooling on this board. I really like it, but this is making me wonder if the bios didn't flash good. I tried to load my saved profile from before but it would never take. I couldn't find any option to open it up besides the OC Genie one. You also may have to set it to manual to make the changes. Like I said I can't remember all the details at the moment. If you need more help just PM me. :)