How to use Marantz IR Codes on Comcast XR-2???

Ethan Tsai

Estimable
Jul 13, 2014
So I have a comcast XR-2 remote and a Marantz NR1403 surround receiver. How do I get the XR-2 Remote to control the Marantz receiver. All I want is power and volume control. Being able to switch hdmi inputs would be nice as well.

I tried the code recommended, 30189, and I got the two green flashes of confirmation, but it didn't do anything. What else should I try? I know Marantz has a excel spreadsheet of all the IR codes here under the downloads tab, but I can't figure out what the heck to do with it. Any help is appreciated!!! Thanks all!

Edit: Also I tried most of the stuff from this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/93-remote-control-area/1435481-need-marantz-codes-comcast-remote-nr1402.html

dingo07

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
those codes in the pdf file are for custom software - they're called "discreet codes" that do the specific task, your best bet is to try the next code in comcast's list (20081 or 20035 ) or buy a custom remote and program it for all your devices. Something simple like a Harmony remote will work, or more advanced like a Home Theater Master.

Ethan Tsai

Estimable
Jul 13, 2014

Thanks for your reply again! If that's the case, do you have any universal remotes you can recommend? There are so many out there that I have no idea which one will support the Marantz receiver. I just bought a Phillips universal remote that wouldn't work with the Marantz receiver. I'm just looking for the cheapest remote that has a number pad and can connect to the Marantz receiver. Thank you!