How to use Prime95?

mouzzampk2014

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014
Hi,

MSI Z97-G45
Intel i5 4670K
HyperX Fury 16GB 1866

I don't know how to use Prime95 to check my PC power.

And its ok to use Prime?

I just want to check the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Maximum Temperature (when my system is heavy load)?

Thanks.

Solution

Yes, it's okay to use Prime95. However, your alittle confused. It's not used to determine the temps of your Cooler, but rather your CPU.

Run prime on small ffts to test only CPU/Cache, and not memory. it will run 4 windows testing each of your processors in your CPU giving maximum heat and performance.

Ideally you want to run it for 8hrs+ even longer, to establish if your CPU is stable (that is the real use for using Prime95). If you overclock your CPU, Prime95 is good for...

keith12

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008

Yes, it's okay to use Prime95. However, your alittle confused. It's not used to determine the temps of your Cooler, but rather your CPU.

Run prime on small ffts to test only CPU/Cache, and not memory. it will run 4 windows testing each of your processors in your CPU giving maximum heat and performance.

Ideally you want to run it for 8hrs+ even longer, to establish if your CPU is stable (that is the real use for using Prime95). If you overclock your CPU, Prime95 is good for establishing if your overclock is stable.

Others will use IBT or another application, but personally I've always used Prime95.

Solution

mouzzampk2014

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014

Thanks! If I provide you more details mean exact specs of my PC, could please help me out step by step to do the Prime95 test?

Thanks