How to utilize the full surround sound?

aceekaJr

Estimable
Mar 26, 2014
Looking to buy razer kraken 7.1 chroma headset.

Was wondering does it provide the full surround sound experience I would require for professional gaming (csgo especially), and if not, what would I require for me to utilize the full surround sound? I currently have an asus h97-pro mobo and I use an, I think altec lansing 5.1 surround system, and I'm just used to plugging my headphones into the small remote that is connected to the main sub woofer. I think I said everything correctly because this is way out of my line of knowledge.

Also sorry for the grammar errors as I am not a native speaker :p

sizzling

Distinguished
No headset can reproduce full 7.1 or any surround sound, the only way to get proper surround sound is with a proper speaker setup. The simulated surround sound of headphones is fairly lame Imo, a good quality stereo headset usually offers a better experience with more audio definition but then I'm very fussy about audio.

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
honestly (and it depends also on the user) i don't think going from 5.1 to 7.1 will help much.
if it was speakers with proper positioning, maybe.

those that i know that are good fps players just use 2 channels

aceekaJr

Estimable
Mar 26, 2014
yes but the main thing is that I mainly used headphones while playing because my friends hear a lot of background noise when I'm on speakers, I was just wondering if there are any special requirements to use the headphones or is it just plug and use, and another question, should I plug them im my mobo, or the front side of the pc, or the little remote For the 5.1 system which is plugged in the mobo?

Thanks ahead

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
hold on, this is a usb headset right?
if so, then plug it anywhere there a usb. installing the driver is advisable, although it should work without one (not sure if it will work as 7.1).
yeah, if you use a mic, then your friends will hear them.
i used to have 5.1, now im using a headphone, and a separate mic