How to watch movies from pc to TV

x1996x

Estimable
Apr 16, 2015
How can I watch movies and serieses from my pc in my samsung tv without external hardrive?

the problem is when I try to watch videos larger then 4GB becasuse of the fat32 limitation or with movies that the subtitles are not merged with te video file.

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009

Do you have a gaming console? I used to watch movies/tv that were on a PC via xbox 360 and ps3 which was hooked up to a TV. Can't remember exactly how (it was a few years ago) but the consoles and PC's were hooked up to the same modem/switch

Otherwise, if your TV has an ethernet port you can try to hook the TV up to the same modem as your PC's and do it that way... It might not work like that (i've never tried it) but I don't see why not

x1996x

Estimable
Apr 16, 2015

the problem is that it is not a smart tv its a regular led tv.
and I also dont have any gaming console, but I have a mini laptop if it do any help.

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009

I thought by "PC" you meant that you had a desktop PC somewhere away from the TV such that they couldn't be hooked up via cable... If your laptop has HDMI, try what americanaudiophile mentioned. Or if they both have VGA ports you could try that but the quality will most likely look crappy

x1996x

Estimable
Apr 16, 2015

yes you right, I did meant that I have a desktop pc that I wanted to watch movies from in my tv.
I also have a laptop that have only vga so I don't want to lose any quality, I tought if there is any solution for that. I don't mind to buy a device that will solve that problem if it isn't too expensive.
I tought about a streamer at first but I don't sure if it will do the job.