How Wearing a Fitness Tracker Can Lower Your Insurance Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Mondy Cigna

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
Cigna most definitely does not use trackers for anything beyond helping people improve their health and earn rewards for meeting health goals that individuals agree to with their Cigna health coaches.

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
20 years ago i and others had a conversation about data gathering and how it would ultimately be used against us. the above is a prime example.

it seems innocuous enough on the surface...
you do exercise, we see it and you get a reduced premium. but there is a flip side.
people that dont use there fitbit to monitor there activity will end up paying the shortfall created by lower premiums to the share holders.

you did nothing to keep yourself fit and active, so we will likely have to pay out early on you. so we will charge you more.
you could be the fittest person in the world but if you refuse to be monitored you wont be able to get cover at a reasonable cost...

rgd1101

Don't
They usually sync up to a 3rd party site. Some of them do allow manual entry. I know because I mostly swim, and most tracker not water proof.

Looking at medical costs, being healthy it the easy way to save money in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.