HP 1040 G3 battery LED flashed orange

kamoukou

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016
Hello everyone,
I own a HP ELITEBOOK 1040 G3 and whenever my laptop is on, its battery LED keeps flashing orange lights, i thought it was because of the level of the battery (although it was almost charged), so i plugged in my charger, but then nothing happens, my battery is not charging and the LED keeps flashing orange light. I tried turning off my computer and charge it, but, same as before, nothing happens.
I have no idea what the source of the problem could be.
Thank you all very much for your help.

Solution
Well, it is a trial and error kind of thing.

First, try (if you can borrow one) another charger cord on your device, and also try your cord on another device. If the one trying to charge on yours doesn't work no matter if the laptop is on or off, then it could be a few things on you device. If the borrowed cord makes yours start charging, then your cord is the issue.

If the new cord doesn't work for you, then your problem could be the battery needs replacing, the battery isn't sitting correctly, the charging port is damaged/loose, or the charging circuit is shot.

If the device is still under warranty, then I would contact the manufacturer.
Well, it is a trial and error kind of thing.

First, try (if you can borrow one) another charger cord on your device, and also try your cord on another device. If the one trying to charge on yours doesn't work no matter if the laptop is on or off, then it could be a few things on you device. If the borrowed cord makes yours start charging, then your cord is the issue.

If the new cord doesn't work for you, then your problem could be the battery needs replacing, the battery isn't sitting correctly, the charging port is damaged/loose, or the charging circuit is shot.

If the device is still under warranty, then I would contact the manufacturer.

Solution